Depending on how old you are, you may not even be aware of what Earth Day is and why we celebrate it. Earth Day was a big breakthrough for the environment in 1970 and for those of us who had to live on the Earth, drink its water and breathe its air. Today? It may be an even bigger deal — certainly we have come a long way in 40 years, but we aren’t there yet.
Do Photos and Photo Processing Affect the Earth? You bet!
That’s why Lifephoto is careful about choosing the most eco-friendly equipment, processes, inks and paper. Our photos are made of partially recycled material and are themselves recyclable.
Photos Without Chemicals
- Lifephoto’s press products are made in house by a Kodak NexPress.
- Nontoxic dry inks eliminate the use and production of harmful compounds during printing, cleanup or disposal of the inks, which are packaged in recyclable containers.
- Some components of the press are made from reclaimed materials and designed for future re-manufacturing.
- Worried about volatile organic compounds (VOCs)? You don’t have to be with our eco- friendly pictures. The press produces virtually no emissions.
- Printed sheets can easily be de-inked.
- The gloss finish is nontoxic and recyclable.