This is no ordinary baby announcement! It’s a creation that you can easily make online — capturing all the beauty and snuggly cuteness of your new baby.
Justine Evans of New Jersey made this great accordion card baby announcement on lifephoto.com after the birth of her son, Noah. “I’ve gotten so many compliments on that announcement!” she said. And adds that it was actually a collaborative effort with her friend and talented photographer, Meghan Terry. Together they decided on creative baby poses and Meghan snapped away — truly bringing out the beauty of the newborn in a very refreshing and creative display.
Lifephoto’s accordion card format worked really well for this project. Justine and Meghan used two distinct color schemes for the 8-frame card.
Blue was the color scheme for this side. Frames 1 and 4 are simply a blue background with text. Frame 1 says “Welcome Noah Matthew Evans, along with birth date, time, weight and length. Frame 4 offers a quote from Winnie the Pooh — “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” That is such a nice touch, don’t you think?
The two middle frames are filled with one photo of baby Noah, wrapped in a handmade baby blanket — his eyes wide open to the world! Note that they chose a close up to really emphasize Noah’s face offset by the lovely blanket.
Black and white is the color scheme here. Again the two center frames are filled with a beautifully posed sleeping baby. Frame 1 is again, a sleeping Noah, cuddled oh-so-cozily in a drape of white cotton gauze. I really thought this photo was exquisite. Frame 4 shows yet another view of this tiny guy happily (note the smile on his face) asleep.
How perfect is this very custom photo birth announcement!
Every family member and friend who receives one will immediately bond with this newborn and feel his personality.
Tips on how they did it:
- Soft black and white fabrics. Noah is not really “hanging” by a gauze thread in mid air over a black background. It appears a plush black blanket or fabric is draped over a chair, with Noah suspended from above, yet his head and torso are likely supported by the chair. Totally gives the illusion of a suspended baby.In Frame 4, the soft black material is again draped over a chair with a toy or diaper beneath the fabric giving a contoured look around the baby. The photo in Frame 3/4 shows the baby resting his arms and head in a position higher than his torso. Could be just a pillow or two under the white plushy fabric providing a “lift” in the photo.
- Simple Handmade Baby Blanket. I would assume this blanket has some special meaning. Its subtle color and texture are a perfect balance to show off Noah’s face. The blanket colors and design do not “fight” for your eye’s attention in the photo. Yet it adds a softness that really makes the photo stand out.
Well done, ladies!
- Accordion cards are easy to make online at lifephoto.com. Simply upload your photos, select the layout you want and “drag” your photos to place them. Add your text, save your project and it’s done! Choose from 4 types of premium cardstock. All accordion cards come with matching envelopes.
- Justine is just creative, as you can see from her baby announcement. She’s made wedding, shower and birthday invitations as well — a “creative outlet” for her. She’s partnered with her sister in an online scrapbooking business where you can see more of her designs.
- Meghan Terry (of New Jersey) is still snapping away with her camera. She’ll be creating a photography Web site soon and you will be able find it listed on Justine’s scrapbooking site.
Did you like the ideas on this post?
Then please take a moment to post it on Face Book, Tweet it, Digg it or Stumble it. You can do so right at the top of this post. Thanks. Sharing is Caring.